The Samurai slicer is able to accurately slice half apples, oranges, and other fruit and vegetables, being designed to increase productivity and to reduce labor costs. The product is hand-fed into the feeding zone and is removed by hand after the slice. The product is carried through a fixed set of knives that slice the product at the proper slice thickness in rings, or slices leaving the finished product stacked like a deck of cards. The unit retains the integrity of the slices that can be gently placed into the tray, while removing and collecting the unwanted end pieces of the product. The main advantages and features of the system are:
- Quality of the finished product with uniform, clean cut slices to a standard thickness.
- Dry slice without making use of water.
- Easy maintenance and sanitation.
- Very high-quality blades.
- Available on casters for mobility and plant layout flexibility.
- Fully guarded to insure operator safety; cutting area is completely enclosed and cannot be reached or accessed by the operator.